Pushkinskaya st. 43. office 10
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
e-mail: info@hjournal.ru 
tel. +7(863) 269-88-14

cubsEN (2)

Institutional Aspects of integration of Russian Empire in XIX century

Institutional Aspects of integration of Russian Empire in XIX century

Journal of Institutional Studies, , Vol. 9 (no. 3),

The current situation in the world is characterized by the fact that there is another wave of changes to state borders, almost like after the second world war. Among the transforming States no classical empires, but the experience of building a large state formations can be used for understanding what needs to be done to preserve the integrity of States. This article addresses the question of institutional conditions of integration of economic space in the Russia of the XIX century. If we understand economy as "an institutionalized process" movement of material goods and transactions that link economic acts in the sphere of exchange makes this process stability and integrates it into the system companies. The authors considered promising idea Polanyi's three forms of integration or sharing that reproduce the economy as a whole, for the conducting institutional analysis of economy of the Russian Empire of the XIX century. We are talking about market exchange, redistribution (redistribution) and of reciprocity (reciprocity, gift exchange). In this aspect, the Russian economy has not yet considered in the economic literature. The main method used institutional analysis and the historical method of research. The materials contained in the work, can be used to consider contemporary problems of integration of heterogeneous economic space. Found that to ensure the system coherence of the society and co-storage state, it is necessary to implement long-term goals in the form of Large projects. The authors consider such projects in the symbolic context of maintaining the legitimacy of power and, in purely economic aspect.

Keywords: empire, money, redistribution, gift exchange, Large projects

References:
  • Aksakov, K. S. – A. S. Khomiakov (1998). Khomyakovskiy collection, vol. 1. Tomsk: Izd-vo Vodoley. 352 p.
  • Arrighi, G. (2010). The long twentieth century: money, power and the origins of our times. London: Verso. 472 p.
  • Astyrev, N. M. (1886). In the parish scribes: Essays on peasant self-government. M: tip. V. V. Islen’eva. 396 p.
  • Braudel, F. (1977). History and social Sciences. Historical duration [1958]. I. S. Kon (ed.). Philosophy and methodology of history. A collection of translations. M.: Progress. 366 p.
  • Chicherin, B. N. (1934). Memories. The district Council and the Moscow Duma. M.: Izdvo «Sever». 357 p.
  • Clark, G. (1936). The Balance sheets of imperialism: Facts and Figures on Colonies New York.
  • Davis, L. E. and Huttenback, R. A. (1988). Mammon and pursuit of Empire: The economics of British imperialism. Cambridge. N.Y.: Cambridge University Press, 408 p.
  • Dal, V. I. (2000). The Proverbs of the Russian people. M.: Izd-vo Eksmo-Press. 608 p.
  • Dubyanskiy, A. N. (2014). A Short history of Russian banknotes. Economics and mathematical methods, 50(3), 55–72.
  • Carpi, G. (2012). Dostoevsky – the economist. Essays on the sociology of literature. Ed., 2-nd corrected. M.: Izd-vo «Phalanstery». 224 p.
  • Fernando, Armesto F. (2009). Civilization. M.: AST: AST MOSCOW. 768 p.
  • Falkner, S. A. (1919). Paper money of the French revolution (1789–1797). M.: Izdanie redaktsionno-izdatel’skogo otdela VSNKh. 328 p.
  • Hanneman, R., Collins, R. and Mordt, G. (1995). As the design of a compact theory can reproduce the intricate path of history.
  • Collins, R. (2015). Macrohistory: Essays in sociology of the long duration. M.: URSS: LENAND. 504 p.
  • Hilico, M. A. (2012). The TRANS-Siberian railway: for whom and at whose expense. “Social Sciences in the modern world: sociology, political science, philosophy and history”: materials of international correspondence scientific-practical conference. (23 April 2012). Novosibirsk: Izd. “Siberian Association of consultants”. 170 p.
  • Go, J. (2011). Patterns of Empire: The British and American Empire, 1688 to the Present. New York: Cambridge University Press, 286 p.
  • Kennedy, P. (1989). The rise and fall of the great powers: Economic change and military conflict from 1500 to 2000. N.Y.: Vintage Books, 677 p.
  • Kolyshko, I. I. (2009). The Great collapse. SPb.: Izd-vo “Nestor-History”. 464.
  • Laverichev, V. J. (1974). The Big bourgeoisie in post-reform Russia (1861–1900). M.: Mysl’. 281 p.
  • Lachman, R. (2016). What is historical sociology? M.: Izdatel’skiy dom “Delo” RANH and HS. 240 p.
  • Lenin, V. I. (1962). Complete works. Ed. 5-E. M.: Gospolitizdat. T. 27: Imperialism, the Highest stage of Capitalism, pp. 299–426.
  • Liubavskii, M. K. (2002). Russian history the 17th–18th century: a Training manual. SPb.: Izd-vo “Lan’”. 576 p.
  • Malyshev, I. A., Tarankov V. I. and Humble I. N. (1991). Paper money of Russia and the USSR / Under the editorship of V. I. Tarankov. M.: Finances and Statistics, 496 p.
  • Mulgan, J. (2007). Good and Bad Power: The Ideals and Betrayals of Government / 2-nd edn. L.: Penguin UC, 384 p.
  • Müncler, H. (2015). Empire. The logic of domination over the world: from Ancient Rome to the United States. M.: Kuchkovo pole, 400 p.
  • Polanyi’s, K. (2010). The Economy as an Institutionalized Process. K. Polanyi’s Selected works. M.: Izdatel’skiy dom «Territoriya budushchego». 210 c.
  • Pravilova, E. A. (2006). The finances of Empire: Money and power in the policy of Russia on national suburbs. 1801–1917 it is. M.: Novoe izdatel’stvo, 456 p.
  • Raskov, D. E. (2008). Monetary reform of Alexey Mikhailovich and the credibility problem. Vestnik St. Petersburg University Series 5. Economy, 3, 69–80.
  • Sullins, M. (1999). The Economy of the stone age. M: OGI. 296 p.
  • Schumpeter, J. (1991). The Economics and Sociology of Capitalism / Ed. by R. Swedberg. Princeton, pp. 141–219.
  • Steinmetz, G. (2008). The Colonial State as a Social Field American Sociological Review, pp. 589–612.
  • Ulianova, G. (2009). Female Entrepreneurs in Nineteenth-Century Russia». London: Pickering & Chatto Publishers, 254 p.
  • Wortman, M. (1975). Government Revenue and Economic Trends in Central America 1787–1819. The Hispanic American Historical Review, 55(2), 251–286.
Publisher: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Founder: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Online-ISSN: 2412-6039
ISSN: 2076-6297