Pushkinskaya st. 43. office 10
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
e-mail: info@hjournal.ru 
tel. +7(863) 269-88-14

cubsEN (2)

Digital Economy as an Economic Institute

Digital Economy as an Economic Institute

Journal of Economic Regulation, , Vol. 10 (no. 2),

The article is devoted to the analysis of the main directions of development of digital technologies and the reasons for their distribution and use in business. The article analyzes the properties of network benefits and their impact on consumers and manufacturers. At the beginning of the XXI century, when the advanced part of humanity lives in a post-industrial society, the global digital divide becomes a characteristic feature of the polarization of the world. The social antithesis is acquiring a new facet of dividing the members of the global community into Internet-haves and Internet-poor. The rapid development of the Internet at the beginning of the XXI century radically changed the face of modern civilization. This is especially evident when compared with other changes in developing countries at the turn of the century. To make the Internet affordable, affordable, open and secure was not the strength of all. The World Bank's World Development Report 2016 analyzes the reasons for the slow pace of digital technology and outlines an Internet strategy. It helps to understand how to spread the benefits and reduce the costs of developing digital technology.The article analyzes the structure of the digital economy, shows the main stages of its development. To this end, an original definition of the concept of digital economy is given. A three-level structure is proposed that is necessary for its functioning. For each level, the prerequisites that have formed them are highlighted. This makes it possible to formulate priorities and problems that the economy is facing on the path to digitalization.The conclusion deals with the institutional factors that impede the development of the digital economy in Russia.

Keywords: digital economy; innovations; digital technologies; industry 4.0

References:
  • Bell, D. (1986). The Social Framework of the Information Society. New technocratic wave in the West. M.: Progress, 1986. (In Russian.).
  • Bukht, R. and Khiks, R. (2018). Opredeleniye, kontseptsiya i izmereniye tsifrovoy ekonomiki. Vestnik mezhdunarodnykh organizatsiy, 13(2), 143–172 (In Russian.).
  • Indikatory tsifrovoy ekonomiki: 2018: statisticheskiy sbornik (2018). G. I. Abdrakhmanova, K. O. Vishnevskiy, G. L. Volkova, L. M. Gokhberg i dr.; I60 Nats. issled. un-t «Vysshaya shkola ekonomiki». M.: NIU VSHE (In Russian.).
  • Hegel, G. (1970). The Science of Logic in Three Volumes. Vol. 1. M.: Thought (In Russian.).
  • Castells, M. (1996). The Information Age: Economy, Society and Culture M. NRU HSE, 2000 (In Russian.).
  • Castells, M. (2001). The Internet Galaxy, Ekaterinburg U-Factoria, 2004 (In Russian.).
  • Kozyrev, A. N. (2018). Tsifrovaya ekonomika i tsifrovizatsiya v istoricheskoy retrospektive. Tsifrovaya ekonomika, no. 1. (In Russian.).
  • Osnovy tsifrovoy ekonomiki: uchebnoye posobiye (2018). Kollektiv avtorov; pod red. M. I. Stolbova, Ye. A. Brendeleva. M.: Izdatel’skiy dom «NAUCHNAYA BIBLIOTEKA» (In Russian).
  • Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of July 28, 2017 No. 1632-p (In Russian).
  • Rosatom (2019). Atlas tsifrovykh tekhnologiy (In Russian).
  • Tsifrovaya ekonomika: uchebnik (2018). V. D. Markova. M.: INFRA-M (Vyssheye obrazovaniye: Bakalavriat).
  • Schwab, K. (2017). The Fourth Industrial Revolution. M.: izd-vo «E».
  • BCG (2017). Rossiya onlayn: chetyre prioriteta dlya proryva v tsifrovoy ekonomike.
  • Econsultancy & Adobe (2017). Digital Intelligence Briefing.
  • International Center for Monetary and Banking Studies (2018). The Impact of Blockchain Technology on Finance: A Catalyst for Change, Geneva.
  • International Digital Economy and Society Index (I-DESI). Final report 2016.
  • Nureev, R. M. and Karapaev, O. V. (2018). Digital technologies: main directions of development. The Business and Management Review, 9(4), 523–533.
  • OECD (2017). Going Digital: Making the Transformation Work for Growth and Wellbeing. Paris.
  • Peters, B. (2016). How Not To Network a Nation, MIT Press.
  • Shapiro, C. and Varian, H. (1999). Information rules: A Strategic Guide to the Network Economy. Boston, Mass., Harvard Business School Press, p. 352.
  • The CORE Team (2018). The Economy, First edition. Oxford, Oxford University Press.
  • UNCTAD (2017). Information Economy Report.
  • Nordhaus, W. D. (2007). «Two Centuries of Productivity Growth in Computing». The Journal of Economic History, 67(01), Index updated to 2010.
  • World Bank (2015); Meeker 2015; ITU 2015; GSMA. (https://gsmaintelligence.com/); UN Population Division 2014.
  • World Bank (2016). World Development Report 2016. Digital Dividends.
Publisher: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Founder: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Online ISSN: 2412-6047
ISSN: 2078-5429