Pushkinskaya st. 43. office 10
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
e-mail: info@hjournal.ru 
tel. +7(863) 269-88-14

cubsEN (2)

Atypical employment: an attempt at theoretical analysis

Atypical employment: an attempt at theoretical analysis

Journal of Economic Regulation, , Vol. 6 (no. 1),

The paper contains a theoretical analysis of atypical employment. It is demonstrated that the notion “atypical employment” is an umbrella term that includes different forms of cooperation between employer and employee. This analysis helps to form the list of criteria of differentiation between regular and atypical employment (this list includes economic, legal, organizational and social criteria). It is demonstrated that atypical employment may meet requirements of employees, employers and the state and this is why legal regulation and practical implementation of atypical employment should be very flexible.

Keywords: atypical employment; hybrids; employers; employees; regulation

References:
  • Varshavskaya E. Ya. (2009). Flexible employment: foreign experience and Russian practice. Kemerovo, Publ. House of Kemerovo State University. (In Russian).
  • Dashkova E. S. and Dorokhova N. V. (2014). Atypical employment in Russia. Herald of the Voronezh State University. Series: Economics and Management [Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Serial: Ekonomika i upravlenie], no. 2, pp. 19-21. (In Russian).
  • Dolzhenko R. A. (2014a). New forms of labor relations: a clarification. Bulletin of Altai State Agricultural University [Vestnik Altayskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta], no 1, pp. 168-173. (In Russian).
  • Dolzhenko R. A. (2014b). Transaction cost of new forms of labor relations. Scientific Journal ITMO. Series: Economics and Environmental Management [Nauchnyy zhurnal NIU ITMO. Serial: Ekonomika i ekologicheskiy menedzhment], no. 4, pp. 110118. (In Russian).
  • Dolzhenko R. A. and Popov E. I. (2014). Correspondence between new forms of labor relations and precarization of labor in post-industrial economy. Bulletin of Altai State Agricultural University [Vestnik Altayskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta], no. 1, pp. 179-185. (In Russian).
  • Esipov A. S. (2013). Regulation of innovative forms of social and labor relations in modern economy. Cand. Sc. Thesis (Economics). Saratov, Yu. A. Gagarin Saratov State Technical University. (In Russian).
  • Kolot A. M. (2013). Transformation of employment as a part of global changes in social and labor relation: phenomenon of precarization. The Standard of Living of the Population of Russian Regions [Uroven’ zhizni naseleniya regionov Rossii], no. 11. pp. 93101. (In Russian).
  • Kuschuk V. (2014). University professor accused in fraud because of lectures given by Skype. Profile [Profil], 29.07.2014. (http://www.profile.ru/society/item/84537-chtenie-lektsij-po-skype-kak-prestuplenie - Access Date: 06.11.2014). (In Russian).
  • Makurova T. (2014). Working for yourself. Expert North-West [Ekspert Severo- Zapad], no. 42. (http://expert.ru/northwest/2014/42/rabotat-na-sebya/ - Access Date: 02.02.2015). (In Russian).
  • Atypical Employment in Russian Economy / Ed. by V. E. Gimpel’son and R. I. Kapelyushnikov. Moscow, Publ. House of SU HSE, 2006. (In Russian).
  • Pink D. (2005). Free Agent Nation: The Future of Working for Yourself. Moscow, Publ. House “Trade Secret [Sekret Firmy]”. (In Russian).
  • Sergeev A. S. (2014). Specific regulation of social and labor relations in collective ownership companies. Cand. Sc. Thesis (Economics). Moscow, JSC VCUZh. (In Russian).
  • Smirnykh L. I. (2014). Leased personnel in Russia: to be or not to be? (Assessment of Russian companies’ experience). Voprosy Ekonomiki, no. 12, pp. 123-140. (In Russian).
  • Tapscott D. and Williams Anthony D. (2009). Wikinomics. How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything. Moscow, Publ. House “BestBusinessBooks”. (In Russian).
  • Williamson O. E. (1996). The Economic Institutions of Capitalism: Firms, Markets, Relational Contracting. St. Petersburg, Publ. House Lenizdat; CEV Press. (In Russian).
  • Williamson O. E. (2010). Outsourcing: Transaction cost economics and supply chain management. Russian Management Journal [Rossiyskiy zhurnal menedzhmenta], vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 71-92. (In Russian).
  • Furubotn E. G. and Richter R. (2005). Institutions and Economic Theory. The Contribution of the New Institutional Economics. St. Petersburg, Publ. House of Sankt- Petersburg State University. (In Russian).
  • Khabibullin R. I. (2014). Employee-owned corporations: modern state, effectiveness, problems and perspectives of development. Economics of Contemporary Russia [Ekonomicheskaya nauka sovremennoy Rossii], no. 3, pp. 68-87. (In Russian).
  • Howe J. (2012). Crowdsourcing: Why the Power of the Crowd Is Driving the Future of Business. Moscow, Al’pina Publisher. (In Russian).
  • Tsygankova I. V. (2014). “New” forms of atypical employment of the Russian labor market. Political economy: past, present, future: collection of abstracts of the International scientific conference, 15.05.2014. St. Petersburg, Publ. House of Polytechnic University, pp. 133-135. (In Russian).
  • Yakovleva A. V. (2014). Unemployment benefits in case of atypical employment (modern practice in Denmark). Scientific Journal ITMO. Series: Economics and Environmental Management [Nauchnyy zhurnal NIU ITMO. Serial: Ekonomika i ekologicheskiy menedzhment], no. 4, p. 236. (In Russian).
  • Menard C. (2004). The Economics of Hybrid Organizations. Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, vol. 160, pp. 345-376.
  • Williamson O. E. (1991). Comparative Economic Organization: The Analysis of Discrete Structural Alternatives. Administrative Science Quarterly, vol. 36, no 2, pp. 269-296.
Publisher: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Founder: Southern Federal University
ISSN: 2078-5429