Pushkinskaya st. 43. office 10
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
e-mail: info@hjournal.ru 
tel. +7(863) 269-88-14

cubsEN (2)

Performance and trends in the food industry in the current conditions of Russia

Performance and trends in the food industry in the current conditions of Russia

Journal of Economic Regulation, , Vol. 6 (no. 1),

The Russian food industry endures cardinal changes now, on the market the western corporations actively take root. With the entry of the WTO the competition between domestic and foreign producers of the food, between the Russian and import food becomes tougher. This circumstance brings to the forefront of a problem of optimization of business processes, managements of production resources, ensuring optimum interaction of systems of production and sale of food products, i.e. objectively demands essential increase of management efficiency as branch in general, and its separate components. The authors in the paper designated problems of increase of effective management of the food industry and offers application of strategic management as a basis for the solution of these problems. In the paper two main ways of development are analyzed: extensive development of the enterprise represents increase in production due to simple quantitative expansion of factors of production, for example, increases in number of workers and the intensive way of development represents increase in production due to more effective use of factors of production, i.e. due to introduction of new, more effective technologies by means of updating of fixed assets, due to professional development of labor, etc.

Keywords: food industry; competitiveness of the enterprises of the food industry; strategic management; strategic development of branch

References:
  • Anpilov S .M. and Ashmarina S. I. (2011). The system bases on the purposes to ensure the sustainable development of enterprises. Herald of the Samara State University, no. 10 (91), pp. 32-36. (In Russian).
  • Ashmarina S. I. and Fomin S. I. (2012). Informatization industry in the region: assessment, potential ways to improve. Samara. (In Russian).
  • Vasilyeva N. A. (2012) .Problems development of food industry in the global competition. Russian Entrepreneurship, no. 7 (205). (In Russian).
  • Gafforova E. B., Shusharina T. E., Tsyplenkova M. V., Moiseenko I. V. and Guremina N. V. (2011). Management in the food industry. Textbook. Publ. House "The Academy of Natural Sciences". (In Russian).
  • Ovchinnikov V. N. and Lysochenko A. A. (2013). Positioning southern Russian regions in the format of globalization imperatives of Russian accession to the WTO: ensuring food security. Terra Economicus, vol. 11, no. 1, Part 2, pp. 113-118. (In Russian).
  • Resolution of the Administration of the Rostov Region of 02.05.2007 № 178 (ed. of 02.14.2014) "On the Procedure for the Use of the Regional Budget for Compensation of Costs for the Acquisition of Milk Tankers, Milk Cooling and Motor Insulated Vans". (In Russian).
  • Resolution of the Legislative Assembly of the Rostov Region of 30.10.2010, № 2067 "On Approval of the Strategy of Social-Economic Development of the Rostov Region until 2020». (http://www.donland.ru/Default.aspx?pageid=105130). (In Russian).
  • Skiba A. N. (2011). Clusters: the implementation of the principle of the system in a space-institutional organization of production. Regional Economy: Theory and Practice, no. 10, pp. 20-26. (In Russian).
  • The Modern Development of the Food Industry in Russia. (http://www.dist-cons.ru/modules/food/index.html - Access Date: 12.12.2014). (In Russian).
  • Yakunina E. N. and Gayanova V. M. (2014). Improving the efficiency of the food industry in Russia with the tools of strategic management. Russian Entrepreneurship, no. 17 (263). (In Russian).
Publisher: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Founder: Southern Federal University
ISSN: 2078-5429