Rostov-on-Don, Russia
e-mail: info@hjournal.ru 
tel. +7(863) 269-88-14

cubsEN (2)

The time of troubles in the context of the world-system relationships

The time of troubles in the context of the world-system relationships

Journal of Economic Regulation, , Vol. 4 (no. 4),
p. 92-105

The Time of Troubles events in early XVII century are considered in the context of the history of the emerging capitalist world-system, in which Russia was actively involved in the XVI century after the opening of direct trade with Western Europe via Arkhangelsk. Torn apart by civil war, Russia was one of the "pawns" in the global confrontation of Protestant and Catholic powers, as well as the Ottoman Empire and Western Europe. The author examines the economic causes of active Cossacks participation in the Time of Troubles and aggression plans by England.

Keywords: economic history; the capitalist world-system; international trade; the Cossacks

References:
  • Bessolitsyn A. A. and Kuz'michev A. D. (2005). Economic history of Russia . Essays on the entrepreneurship development. M.: Publ. House of HSE. (in Russian).
  • Veluvenkamp J. W. (2006). Arkhangelsk. Dutch entrepreneurs in Russia. 15501785. M.: "Russian Political Encyclopedia". (in Russian).
  • Ilovajskiy D. I. (2003). New dynasty. M.: Publ. House Astrel. (in Russian).
  • Lyubimenko I. I. (1941). Plans for British intervention in Russia in the early XVII century. Soviet science, no. 2. (in Russian).
  • Miliukov P. N. (1905). State economy and reform of Peter the Great. St. Petersburg. (in Russian).
  • Nefedov S. A. (2010). History of Russia. Factor analysis. Vol. I. From ancient times to the Great Troubles. M.: Publ. House "Territory of the future". (Series "Alexander Pogorelsky University Library"). (in Russian).
  • Perhavko V. B. (2006). Commercial world of medieval Russia. M.: Academia. (in Russian).
  • Popov G. G. (2011). Social-economic development and historical demography of Russia in IX - beginning of the XV century. M.: Publ. House MGOU. (in Russian).
  • Skrynnikov R. G. (1988). Russia at the beginning of the XVII century. "The Time of Troubles". M.: "Thought". (in Russian).
  • Smirnov V. D. (2005). Crimean Khanate under the rule of the Ottoman ports in 2 vols. Vol. I. M.: Publ. House "Frontiers XXI". (in Russian).
  • Solodkin R. J. (2012). The project of British protectorate establishing in the northern Russia (the beginning of the XVII century) in Russian historiography. Bulletin of the Tyumen State University, no. 2. (in Russian).
  • Stanislavsky A. L. (1990). Civil war in Russia in XVII . Cossacks at the turn of history. M.: "Thought". (in Russian).
Publisher: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Founder: Southern Federal University
ISSN: 2078-5429